How the FishPac™ Live Transport System Works
Regulated continuous supply of oxygen means low mortality rates during transport
The heart of the FishPac™ design is the patented FishPac™ regulator. Oxygen flows from an approved oxygen cylinder through the FishPac™ regulator creating a controlled flow of between 0.5 litres – 4 litres per minute. The oxygen is then dispersed via a ceramic diffuser positioned in the bottom of the bin/tote ensuring the contained aquatic life can be safely sustained for 30 hours or more.
Safety is engineered into every part of the StackPac container
The oxygen cylinder and regulator are secured in a sealed compartment in the base of the StackPac container while high density foam in the walls insulates the cargo against temperature fluctuations. Self-sealing devices are fitted to prevent any uncontrolled release of oxygen. Each container is vigorously tested for safety including tilt testing to 45° in each direction to ensure no leaking occurs during operation.
StackPac containers are purpose designed for live aquatic transport
As the second generation FishPac™ tote, the StackPac has been made more durable with a higher possible payload per container. The container opening is designed for easy filling and emptying and the unique sealing system provides a vacuum like seal around container lid. A in built anti-surging seamist System and gore vents safely maintain differential pressure and no leaks have ever been reported.
Regulator servicing and maintenance
Each patented regulator used in the FishPac™ StackPac containers is checked before every shipment. Biannual servicing and strict documentation requirements ensure each regulator is safe to use and transport every single time.
FishPac™ StackPac: Specifications
- Carries a payload of 300-500kg of live aquatic animals with 400 - 500 litres of water
- Container size is 1,450mm length x 1,200mm width x 1,015mm height
- When empty, container weight is 140kg. When full, container weight is 990kg
- Containers are food safe and approved by operating airlines such as Qantas, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines, Air Canada, Cargojet Canada and Iceland Air.
- FishPac™ solution is purpose designed for live air transport and includes approval process, training, and documentation